Thursday 8 September 2016

Another milestone - back to work

I went back to work today, after 16 months off.
I am very lucky to have a really helpful and understanding employer who has worked with me throughout my illness to ensure that my treatment  and family are given priority.

Based on the advice of my consultant, I have agreed a back-to-work schedule with my company. Starting with one day this week, two days for next three weeks, three days for the subsequent two weeks and then back to full time - all over a seven week period. We'll monitor this closely and see how my energy levels are coping.

I was worried about how I would feel (mentally and physically) back in the office today, but I'm glad to say that the experience has been positive and I'm actually looking forward to getting my teeth into some work. I think I'll be up and running quite fast.

6 comments:

  1. Big milestone.....well done !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on your company for standing by you, there are not too many of those around these days! Take it easy Trev, I probably went back too early in retrospect and it took a lot out of me but is sound alike you've got a great plan on place to keep you on track. Let us know how you get on. D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news and great employer understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Trev, great news. And something you don't say every day, but must be brilliant to be back at the office! Love Jonny & Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's huge Trev - really pleased to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems good news Trevor! Glad to hear the progress is looking good!

    ReplyDelete