Sunday 23 October 2016

Checking In

I'm conscious that I haven't provided an update in a while. This is because there is nothing major to report. It's still going really well overall.

I've been battling a cold for two weeks and, because of my low Lymphocyte count, I wouldn't be surprised if I'll be fighting it for another couple of weeks. I've been put on antibiotics as I've also developed an earache and slight cough - so hopefully we can nip any potential infection in the bud.

The only other thing is my knee hasn't been right for a couple of months - it's swollen and I don't have the full range of motion. No idea what this is - I suppose one possible reason is my new immune system doesn't like it and is attacking it. In any case, I will have an ultrasound examination and (probably) steroid injection in it in the coming weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to get back running after that.

I'm up to three days a week at work and this is going well too, although I'm drained after each day. I find that week-by-week I am getting clearer in thought and concentration, and my energy levels are slowly improving. My company continues to be really supportive and I feel that, with them, I have a real ally in my quest to get back to regular working hours - one that watches out for me to ensure I am not pushing myself too hard, but also gives me enough work to keep me occupied while I am there.

So, I am happy and my family is happy - life is good!

3 comments:

  1. I've been checking and wondering how you're getting on. So happy that everything is going well. Thanks for the update Trev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant to read that last sentence of your update Trev. Warms the cockles ! Soooo pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're getting stronger. Just make sure you don't push too hard.

    ReplyDelete