Wednesday 2 November 2016

Caught a virus, back in hospital

I haven't been feeling well for a few weeks - nothing major, it felt like I was fighting a cold and I was managing it fine with paracetamol.  However, over the weekend it seemed to go up a notch, my temperature was steadily climbing and I started getting the shakes.

I came into the hospital on Monday, just so see what is going on and they found a virus that concerns them. It's called RSV and in someone with a strong immune system it would cause a few days of sniffles and a minor cough. For me, there is a risk it'll go to my lungs, causing bronchiolitis. so we don't want that. But to fight it, I have to take some drugs with potentially strong side effects. My blood counts need to be monitored every day, and some of the drugs are delivered intravenously. So I'll need to stay in until the course of treatment completes and I am showing signs of being well again. I might get home this weekend. watch this space.....

1 comment: