Sunday 6 November 2016

More drugs than you can shake a stick at

Remember I said that after 30 hours of IV immunoglobulins, all the medicine was in and all I need to do is wait for it to work its magic? well, it turns out I need another dose - same again, 20 to 30 hours on a drip. Not sure how that happened and how we lost track, but luckily someone was keeping count and realised I still needed more.
So, here I am back on the drip until sometime tomorrow. I think the nurses are relieved because I am starting to feel better and was getting a bit frisky - does nobody get Fr. Ted jokes anymore?
The other drawback with this new drip is I won't be able to do any household chores for the next two months. The doctor didn't explicitly say that, but I could tell that's what he meant. Actually, I think he meant six months, but I love Sue too much and will gladly sacrifice myself and help her out after Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about this setback Trevor but glad you're starting to feel better. I'm sure housework is too risky for a while (Sorry Sue!)

    ReplyDelete