Tuesday 8 November 2016

Back home

The drugs are finally all administered and I managed to get home late yesterday evening. Now it's all about resting and recuperating.
There is one potential sting in the tail - one of the drugs I've been taking has a side effect of making you anaemic. Indeed, my latest blood test shows my red blood count to be very low. As a result, I will probably need a blood transfusion on Thursday. Something to look forward to, as I was already starting to miss the hospital 😀
On the positive side, it's great to be home to see Sue, the kids and the dog again.

3 comments:

  1. Good news Trevor! Sorry about the anaemia but you won't get hospital withdrawal symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read this I thought you said amnesia and I thought, "Trevs really pulling out all the stops to get out of doing housework this time!". I would Sue but I just can't remember how! Mate, glad to hear that you're back home amongst family and furry friends. I hope you get to relax and watch a bit of rugby and cricket and that everything goes well in the next couple of days. Thinking of you. Dion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're home Trev. The fecking efforts you put into gettin' outta the housework never fail to astound!

    ReplyDelete