Sunday 20 November 2016

Feeling better again

Well, it took a few weeks, but I finally feel like I'm over the virus. I really take my hat off to the staff at the hospital who looked after me so well. I feel that there was no effort (or expense) spared in treating me and giving me the best fighting chance to beat the virus. Clearly the immunoglobulins and antivirals helped a lot - unpleasant as they were at the time. I'm still feeling the effects of the medication, though, as the antivirals made me anaemic. While my red blood counts are slowly rising, it'll be a few weeks before I'm fully up to speed. I have a blood test weekly to monitor this and ensure it's going in the right direction.

I am also more cautious about where I go these days and who I meet. A chance meeting with someone with a cold could put me in hospital again, until my lymphocyte count gets back to normal. I don't want that, so I'll be watching people closely everywhere I go, and will work from home as much as I can, in order to minimise my exposure to bugs. Just for a few more months until my immune system is stronger.

But, overall I'm still positive. This was a virus and nothing to do with Lymphoma. In the grand scheme of things, It's all looking good.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear Trevor and really pleased that you are over this episode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Trev! ...... but, I guess its back to the housework again? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Trev, great to see you're getting over it. Caution is the best policy for sure. Right now your body needs time to mend itself and it sounds like you're giving it the best opportunity to do that. Stay strong mate. D

    ReplyDelete