Tuesday 26 April 2016

100-day health check coming up

The docs will be performing a 100-day health check over the next few days, to see what, if anything, is going on with the Lymphoma whilst I complete my transplant. Funny to think that my transplant is effectively still in progress - I've gotten over the hospital bit, but I don't view the transplant as complete until I'm off the immuno-suppressants and have a fully-functioning immune system.

The check begins on Friday with a CT scan to see if there is any activity (lumps) in my lymphatic system. Not wanting to tempt fate, but I think this will come back negative as the doctor had a good feel a couple of weeks ago and she couldn't find any lumps [** my immature friends should insert a smutty joke here **]. It'll be interesting to see what's going on with my spleen as it was still slightly enlarged going into the transplant.

Then on Wednesday I will have a bone marrow biopsy - really looking forward to that. This will show if there is any lymphoma in the new bone marrow. Again, expecting that to be clear.

Back to the hospital again on Thursday for a lung function test. That'll be a breeze.

It'll be good to have the checks just to see how I'm doing overall - and to confirm that it's all going as well as I think it is.

3 comments:

  1. Everything crossed for you Trev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immature smutty joke mentally inserted 😀 Loving your continued positive attitude and outlook Trev, let us know how you get on

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have been an oncologist

    ReplyDelete