Sunday 3 April 2016

Just getting on with it

Nothing much to report these days. After the intensive blogging during the transplant when something different happened every day, these days are quiet with little change between each one - which is how I like it.
I feel like I'm starting to get some energy back - with the recent nice weather we've had, I've spent a lot of time in the garden. I have also (shh, don't tell the docs) ventured to the shops during quiet times and have also walked around the village a couple of times. The doctor's advice is to remain at home and away from viruses until the May bank holiday. I'm going to draw a balance between going completely mad at home and risking catching something in public - I will go for walks and shop visits when it's quiet and not a lot of people around. If you live in Risborough and see me out during busy times, you have my permission to come over and slap some sense into me!
Anyway, I'm hoping things will stay quiet and predictable until the start of May. At that point they will start weaning me off the immuno-suppressants and we'll then see how (or if) the graft versus host starts to play up.

4 comments:

  1. Is that advice because your docs think viruses take the May Bank Holiday off?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend a quiet trip down to the pub also.....it keeps me from going mad regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're getting bored Trevor but glad all is going well.You could try a crash helmet as a virus protector then no-one would recognise you & tell the docs...

    ReplyDelete