Thursday 17 March 2016

Home for St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone! I'm dancing a jig and drinking a pint of guinness as I type ;-p
I got back home late yesterday evening and all is well. It's a good gauge of your progress when you look at what you do when you get home - the last two times, I flopped into the chair and didn't move for a few hours. This time I wandered around the house, and was snacking on some food - definitely moving in the right direction.
As usual, the excellent team in the hospital cracked the reason for the fever and have nursed me back to what should be normal at this point in my recovery.
One spanner in the works, though, is that we confirmed today that my son has chicken pox. He is still in good form, but there are more and more sores appearing and he could be in for a rough few days before it passes. Not ideal timing for me either. The docs did a test and found that I still luckily have antibodies to chicken pox, so I have some protection. They have also upped my dose of antivirals that I'm on as a precaution. Let's hope it doesn't go any further than that.

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous news you're perking up and have more energy than last time you came home. Maybe Kieran can slather himself in Marmite, it's good for chicken pox !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St Patrick's Day Trevor! Bet it's good to be home! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a beer on your behalf my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same to you Trev, I'm glad you're back home again. Take care of yourself mate and we'll speak soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah the poor fella, hope he doesn't get them too bad. Great to hear you're doing so well yourself! Hope you had a good Paddy's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you all the best in your ongoing battle of the bugs mate... thinking on you. Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to hear your home. A good Irish stew with a large slice of soda bread will keep the chickenpox away .

    ReplyDelete