Wednesday 1 June 2016

A cold or GVH - something to watch

For the past few days I have been fighting a cold, or something like that. The usual stuff - sore and hoarse throat, sneezes/sniffles, slight cough (with the odd mess being coughed up). I have also had a mouth ulcer and some slight diarrhea (too much info for you?!). Throughout this, my temperature has remained below the level that the hospital want to know, so this has been largely under the radar until today when I had my fortnightly appointment.
It turns out that Graft Vs Host can manifest itself as a sore throat/sore mouth, and diarrhea is another sign too. Given that this has started to happen just as I am weaning off the immuno-supressants mean it's one to watch closely.
If it's a cold virus, it should hopefully clear up by itself in a few days. If it's GVH then I'll still be suffering in a week's time when I'm due back to the hospital for a follow-up. Of course, there is a third possibility - the cold turns into a chest infection and I end up back on the ward for a few days.
It'll be interesting to see which way this goes.......

5 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that it's just a cold Trevor. Whatever it is, you & the docs will fight it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that it's just a cold Trevor. Whatever it is, you & the docs will fight it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did sound even sexier on the phone this week.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was Barry White your donor?....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you healing thoughts and thinking about you Trevski

    ReplyDelete