Monday 6 June 2016

Back in hospital

I didn't feel well all week, but since my temperature wasn't high, I was just getting on with it. But yesterday lunchtime, my temperature spiked so the hospital said "come on in, we've missed you, we have a bed and broccoli sandwiches for you". How could I refuse such an offer. 
They are superb here. Within a couple of hours of calling them, I was checked in, diagnosed and about to start IV antibiotics for what they think is a chest infection.
The initial thinking is that 24 hours of IV antibiotics should do the trick so I may get home today or tomorrow. 
This kind of thing could continue on and off for two years, until my immune system is strong again.

5 comments:

  1. I do like broccoli sandwiches but my absolute favourite are cucumber and custard! Will skype later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you are back in the 5* hotel Trevor. Hope the meds work fast & you are home again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you are back in the 5* hotel Trevor. Hope the meds work fast & you are home again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't stay to long, I can't standing getting into a warm bed.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me more about the nurses again Trev ...

    ReplyDelete