Thursday 28 January 2016

Long Day, late night

I sneaked out of the hospital to the nearest pub and went drinking until 4am. Ok, I didn't! It took until 4.30am to finish yesterday's treatment. It was scheduled to be delivered over 12 hours anyway, but I had a reaction which meant they needed to slow the rate of the drip. Fever and shivers and I've never see so many hives in my life- everywhere, even in my mouth and ears! The nurses here are great and took care of each reaction as it happened.
I'm feeling fine again now. Just sitting here waiting for breakfast. I'll enjoy a couple more hours off the drip before I go back on for the same again today (if I don't go to the pub instead ☺  )

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry Trev, I'm with you. I'll go out to the pub tonight and tell you all about it. That should make you feel better! All that talk about pork scratchings and beer and talking crap...

    Neal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a little under two hours from now it'll be "cocktail hour in Europe". I'd go around the corner to The Harp for a lunchtime pint you but the Mrs wants me to fix some floor tiles. Maybe later. What vicarious beer shall I drink for you ? Some of the black stuff ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a little under two hours from now it'll be "cocktail hour in Europe". I'd go around the corner to The Harp for a lunchtime pint you but the Mrs wants me to fix some floor tiles. Maybe later. What vicarious beer shall I drink for you ? Some of the black stuff ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly Tim- the black stuff! You go and enjoy a nice creamy pint!

    Neal, good to see you have my best interests at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, it sounds like the beginning of a movement! Im willing to organise a spontaneous drinking event here in Zurich in your honour!
    In fact, we'll jump a plane afterwards and head over to Limerick for a Donkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Trev, they probably didn't have Laurent Perrier Rosé in the pub ��
    Thinking of you here ������������

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's quite a walk to the nearest pub Trevor, especially pushing a drip stand but you deserve a pint! Hope today's session goes better.
    Hang on in there
    Pat

    ReplyDelete