Saturday 30 January 2016

The great escape

Ah yes, home sweet home :- a sanctuary from the world; a haven of peace from the hustle and bustle of everyday life; a retreat in times of stress and pressure; somewhere you can relax and be yourself. Or, more realistically, a place where the dog is ready to pounce at any time, lick your face and proudly show you the latest fox poo she's collected on her walk; a place where the kids bounce on you regardless of the huge line hanging out of your chest; and you tiptoe around afraid to touch anything in case it's got bacteria on it. I wouldn't swap it for the world!
After a lot of faffing around yesterday (I can go, I can't go, etc), I managed to get home from the hospital by late afternoon and it was great to see everyone again. I went in for more chemo this morning and was again allowed home afterwards. I'm feeling surprisingly well and, after initial misgivings about my energy levels, I think getting home when I can is a great way to distract me from the transplant itself.
So, here I am, in the middle of a bone marrow transplant, sitting at home worrying about how I can get out of doing the washing up and hoovering the house - what a lovely distraction!
It won't be long before I won't have the energy to get out of bed, but I'll deal with that in due course. As it currently stands, at this moment in time, I feel great and am spending time with my beautiful family - nothing else matters.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're back where the bacon is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you and wishing you the best Trevor; aahhh, the simple comforts of home
    enjoy each day, day by day, each one a step closer
    "one day at a time sweet jesus, thats all I'm asking from you"...luckily you're spared my dodgy vocals!

    I prefer this one myself, hillbilly style mind you:
    "I don't care if it rains or freezes
    Long as I got my plastic Jesus
    Sittin' on the dashboard of my car,
    oh plastic Jesus you are my only hope..."
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two. Bacon and Jesus is the secret to success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mate, so glad you're back enjoying the distractions of everyday life. Enjoy sleeping in your own bed. Have you thought of a replacing the side table with a mini fridge? just a thought :) Glad you're feeling relatively good Trev and I enjoy "hearing" from you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is great at keeping us up to date, Trev. Love and prayers from Atlanta Lynches.

    ReplyDelete