Monday 1 February 2016

Getting to the bottom of the matter

I'll have to give up the auld transplants one of these days-  they keep giving me aches and pains.
Today's problem is constipation-  I have to say I've never fought a battle like I did this morning. Hope it's not like that again tomorrow, or I'll be singing Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash (incidentally, that song was playing on the radio in the delivery room when Sue was giving birth to Kieran- she wasn't impressed but I thought it was funny).
Otherwise I'm still going home every day after chemo and am feeling generally fine. Starting to feel a bit more tired and not as active, but that's to be expected as the chemo does its thing.
I also start on the immuno-suppression drugs today. This is to ensure the stem cells aren't rejected on Thursday. It also qualifies me to represent Ireland in the World Transplant Games in the future when I'm up and running!
On a more serious note, the amount of support, messages and prayers that are being said all around the world for me is such a boost. I really am lucky to have such wonderful friends and relatives. I do believe the prayers help and your support has helped me get through this so far, so please keep it up.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, it's cause we love you Trev xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senna tablets and Anusol were once my best friends �� Chemo truly is a pain in the arse.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. An oul guinness and kranks burger does wonders for the constipation .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. An oul guinness and kranks burger does wonders for the constipation .....

    ReplyDelete