Sunday 21 February 2016

Birthday

It's my birthday today. It's also my son's birthday and that of our dog, Rosie. Feb 4th is also like a birthday to me from now on, as it's the day my new immune system was born (day 0). It still looks like I'll get home tomorrow-  which is a nice birthday present to get.
My bloods are climbing every day and it's all looking good. I have felt more nauseous over the past couple of days and I think my energy levels are down a bit (I want to sleep a lot). The docs are not surprised-  they say as my bloods rise, my body is doing a lot of repairing, especially in the stomach and gut lining.
We are also seeing what is suspected to be mild graft vs host in the form of, how shall I put this, green poo. I was a bit taken aback, but on reflection it's good to see a bit of GvH as it's taken as a good sign. In my head I'm picturing the new immune system fighting the lymphoma too - little Incredible Hulks in there fighting the cancer and turning everything green. I wonder can I keep the green stuff going until St. Patrick's Day?

9 comments:

  1. Would that make it St Pootrick's Day ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Trevor, Keiran & Rosie. Hope you get back home for a late birthday celebration - green cake?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Trev here's hoping you get the best present ever and you get to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated happy birthday Trevor. Hope you are enjoying being back home with your family. I'll be impressed if the green poo continues through to 17th Mar!! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome - green poo for St Patrick's - way to rock it!

    ReplyDelete