Thursday 4 February 2016

Transplant Day

And so it arrives-  the day My donor stem cells turn up and get put on a drip for me to take in.
The cells themselves are enroute from Germany and are due into Heathrow at noon. By the time they are brought to the hospital, checked and counted (not one by one by hand, I presume!) It will be between 4 and 6pm before I see them.
Not much else to say until then, except to note that the chemo has caught up with me and I feel like I've been in a battle- nothing major, just the usual gritty feeling after chemo. It'll pass.

9 comments:

  1. Best of luck today, Trev

    /John Smyth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Trev - I guess you are now resting and letting those cells do their thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck Trev. Enda and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck Trev. Enda and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. In our prayers ! Best of luck Mate !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Victor from Mexico ! Drinking a few Tequilas in your Honor !!!

      Delete
  6. Will you have a German accent after this? Or the same old limerick one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how to say "mere a wancha" in German?!

      Delete