Friday 19 February 2016

Appetite

I haven't had much of an appetite for the past three weeks. In fact, for much of the time, the sight and smell of food turned my stomach. However, I managed to force it down because food and nutrition is really important when building new bone marrow. Plus, I wanted to avoid even thinking about a food tube- they're going to get the food in one way or another, so I opted for the easy way. Call me picky, but the thought of a milkshake going up my nose and down to my stomach wasn't appealing (unless I'm having a Kranks burger in Limerick after a lorry load of Guinness- but that's a different story for a different time 😊).
Anyway, my appetite is slowly starting to come back and I'm almost enjoying food again. Yesterday's dinner was macaroni cheese and I wolfed it down. Now if they could only stop the dinners looking like a bowl of dog puke, it might help even more......

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff Trev, sounds like the body is well on its way back to normal ... When the urge for donkey's is back at ya you'll know you're there :) ... (Should I rephrase that a little?!) (In all seriousness I've been following the blog, you're an inspiration - well fecking done.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Trev. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget Macaroni cheese, what you really need is a good Irish stew and a very large glass of the black stuff....... At this rate you will soon be running the London marathon. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear that you're improving & on track for going home Trevor. The meals will be much better there.No sure if Guinness will be on the menu just yet. Hang on in there.

    ReplyDelete