Thursday 18 February 2016

Another fever

Yesterday was a strange day. I didn't have the best night's rest the night before (which also happened the last time I had a blood transfusion)- I was feeling flushed and headachy all night. So I woke up feeling flat and that lasted until the afternoon when a fever kicked in. Again, the team jumped into action and took blood cultures to see if there are bacteria on the loose. I switched back to intravenous antibiotics, took some paracetamol, had a snooze and felt better after that.
As I write this, it's the morning of Day 14 and it seems to have stabilised as I feel ok again.
I found myself being very negative yesterday when I wasn't feeling well- worrying about what if I had caught a bad virus or whatever. That quickly passed once I felt better and I'm back to my sunny disposition again.
I wonder which Trevor the nurses prefer - the quiet one, or the one that jokes every time they enter the room. I'm sure some of them think I'm nuts, but hey, I have to stay entertained somehow or it gets very boring in here 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment