Monday 22 February 2016

Going home

The docs have been to see me and given their thumbs up to go home. Good news, but I'm feeling apprehensive- maybe it's because I'm leaving the protective environment of my room and going back out into the big, bad world.
I still have a long way to go and could end up straight back in hospital at the slightest sign of infection or fever. My immune system will be very low for a few months, so I'll need to be very careful.
Still, it'll be great to be back with Sue and the kids and I'm sure I'll adjust to home living in no time.
Forgot to mention in earlier blogs that my hair started falling out in clumps at the end of last week (as predicted, three weeks after chemo), so Sue shaved it on Saturday. This is the fourth time I've been bald. It's good to see my other persona back to use my extensive hat collection.

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic news Trev, well done !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous news......keep knitting that new immune system

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Trev... that's great news for the Lynch family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when I finally recieve email confirmation that I can empty the RRP bank account!! Brilliant brilliant news (you coming home that is!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news Trevor. You'll soon adjust to being out of your cocoon.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Trevor....we're all thinking about you and have found the blog very entertaining...Cheers Tony B (CPW/DCG)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a great first night back in your own bed again and that Rosie didnt go too crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news Trev, get home, get your feet up, take it easy and enjoy the comforts of home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bald is a good look for you - lucky you're not asking Sue for anything more stylish than a shave.

    ReplyDelete