Sunday 14 February 2016

Sleepy head

Yesterday was Saturday, so the kids were able to come with Sue to see me again. It was great to see them again but within five minutes I was worn out! Kieran, especially, was full of beans and hopping around the place. Before I knew what was happening me, Aishling and Kieran were on the bed at its full height and tilting down at an angle like a dump truck-  I thought we were going to slip out the bottom of the bed.
The whirlwind lasted 30 minutes, and according to forecasters is due back today and a few times this coming week (because it's half term).
Today is day 10 and I'm still going well. My temperature is normal and I am pleased to say I have nothing major to report. I suspect that I might need more platelets today. I know they are crucial for me to not bleed, but the drugs they give me to stop any potential reactions to the platelets make me sleepy and so I don't like it. As usual, though, I will just roll with it and if I'm asleep all day then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment