Sunday 7 February 2016

The waiting game

It's 8am on Sunday morning and all is quiet on the ward. The nurse came for my observations at 6.30am - I said she looked tired and ruffled, but I don't think that was the observations she meant.
There's a bit of hustle and bustle outside the room as they bring breakfast. I think I'll have bran flakes, toast and coffee (again).
Getting back to my observations, they are all happy with my progress so far. Nothing worrying like a fever or sore mouth to report (but they all look at me knowingly - it's just a matter of time). My appetite and energy levels have taken a hit since last week's chemo. I also suffer from flashes of nausea - so even though I may be hungry, I never know how a meal is going to go until it turns up and I look at it. Breakfast should be OK,  but the cocktail of 100 tablets they bring afterwards tends to turn my stomach.
The kids turned up yesterday and it was fantastic to see them. They were fascinated with my moveable bed, and before I knew it I was floating 6 feet off the ground as the kids raised it to the highest setting. Good fun for them, but it didn't help my dodgy tummy.

7 comments:

  1. I can picture Kieran in particular playing with the bed :-D
    Ill bet they were also delighted to see you.
    I hope the nausea doesnt get any worse after the Wales game today ..... I suspect it might!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I'll watch it, I'll get too wound up

      Delete
    2. Ill WhatsApp the odd update ....

      Delete
  2. Hey Trev thinking on you mate... loving your new hobby ~ observing nurses... and using the old lines ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Trev. Now just sit back and relax for a few weeks and you'll be back to work, dog walks, DIY and housecleaning before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerian's experiment with your bed give a whole new meaning to 'going up in the world' Trevor. Hope your day has gone as well as possible.

    ReplyDelete