Wednesday 24 February 2016

Home sweet home

I've been home almost two days now and I have to say it's lovely to be back with my family. I do miss the protective cocoon of the hospital, so it's going to take a few days to adjust back to home life. The big thing is the temperature - I am constantly cold! If I could, I'd turn the house heating up by 10 degrees, but Sue says it's already too warm! Not sure what temp they keep the hospital at, but I've been spoiled with heat for the past month.
The other thing I worry about is infections. Coming from a nice, isolated room to an environment with a dog (and kids) takes some getting used to - so I'm paranoid about bacteria!
I also think I've picked up a little cough, but it doesn't seem to be getting worse. I'm due to visit the docs tomorrow, so I'll tell them about that. I'll be seeing the docs once a week for the next few weeks (more frequently if I get a fever or feel unwell).
So, overall, so far so good. I feel a bit weak and am not up to much at the moment, but little by little I feel like I am getting stronger. It won't be long before I'm going for walks outside.

Here are some pics taken last Sunday when Sue and the kid came into hospital to celebrate Kieran and my birthdays.....


2 comments:

  1. Ah, sure ye are all looking great! Probably as a result of all the pressies the "birthday boys" received!

    ReplyDelete