Tuesday 2 February 2016

Day minus 2

Everything in the transplant is geared around Feb 4th - my stem cell transplant day (and also, coincidentally, World Cancer Day). Today is referred-to as Day Minus Two. Thursday is Day 0, and hopefully sometime around Day 14 I will start producing new blood cells.
Today is also a rest day from chemo, but I'll have one more tomorrow (melphalan) before the transplant. I do have to continue taking the immuno-suppressants today and I think they are making me a bit shaky (or maybe it's all the chemo finally catching up with me).
I've been at home all day, but go back to hospital later this evening and I'll stay there for the rest of the time, until my immune system is strong enough for me to leave. Who knows when that will be - I'm guessing three to four weeks.
Being able to get home these past few days has been great, but I'm now moving into the next phase where I will need to be under the careful eye of the medical team.

9 comments:

  1. All the very best Trev, thinking of you every day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong... I am expecting a legendary lynch limerick at the end of all this :) Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong... I am expecting a legendary lynch limerick at the end of all this :) Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Trevor and expecting to hear good news in due course. You'll need to be a patient patient but you're in the best medical hands. I'll be booking you as a speaker for the support group later this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trev, I know you can't drink wine right now, so I'm having a bottle on your behalf. It's a tough job, but I'm up for it. All our thoughts are with you.

    JOS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All our best wishes from Dungarvan xx we'll be thinking of you over the next few weeks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take it easy bro and fart away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take it easy bro and fart away!

    ReplyDelete